Monday 15 August 2022

15th August 2022 - Tractors and Squash

Thought for the day :"Be kind to your dentist – they have fillings too"


Not so hot today ..  and arrangements made to get the John Deer to the garden machinery shop...
Luckily I have great neighbours and Charlie was happy for me to borrow his trailer to take the mower to Cardigan. So after breakfast I popped down to pick up the trailer and then with the help of the winch managed to get the mower raised onto the trailer.

And off to Cardigan where having got the mower off the trailer - in fairness to Grow it Mow it they had a look at it before they took it out back and started charging me stupid amounts of money (which I was expecting)

Having looked at it and checking all the controls he asked me to sit on the mower while he looked at the engine. I knew that the battery , solenoid and starter motor were all fine and we both checked the fuses which we had done previously - but did not want to interrupt his progress. With the bonnet open he looked at me and said that he thought he knew what the problem was...

Sadly the last time he had said that to me and looked with that look was when I took my new chain saw to him saying I thought that I had jammed it as I could not get it to move though the engine was working fine...
He looked at me and said "I think I know what the problem is" and then showed me the brake which I had on and did not realise was in place...  I felt a little silly 

This time it was not quite so bad - as he looked at the open bonnet and then pressed a button at the front and said "try now!" and it started straight away!!

So it seems that there is a broken bracket on the bonnet hood - which is how they sold it to me - but I had never opened it before..  and it seems that this bracket is meant to press down a pressure button when it is shut - but does not because it is broken!

And so it was not really my fault - but they fixed it without cost as we just added a bit of tape to hold the button down and I was able to drive it back onto the trailer and bring it home ...

So, as the day continued we did a little house clearing and I started clearing the back section by the laundry which is getting a little out of hand.
Susie washed the curtains and cleaned the windows - and we started clearing the sewing room. 

Some visitors came to look around the garden so I broke out some tables in the beer garden and we had a gin and tonic and a few beers, and made some new friends...
A few hours later and Toby going manic with a small lurcher  rushing around like a mad thing and we decided on Pizza Thursday on a Monday ..

And so another day passes

In other news - Susie decided to plant some squash in an area by the greenhouse that was full of brambles 
and I looked at them today and they have grown like trifids over the septic tank and are going to be good as squash...



Cardigan Brewery are too low on stock so today I opened negotiations with Mantle Brewery also in Cardigan and have ordered 2 casks and a pipkin for the weekend - the weather looks as though it may stay fine ... 

Also ordered more mead and wines from Lyme Bay 

been a busy day ...
Cheers !


No comments:

Post a Comment