Saturday 13 November 2021

13th November 2021 - Don't Fence me in !!! Well Tough

Thought for the day :"If you decide to get cremated – you can put your ashes in an hour glass and still contribute to family game nights"

Saturday and the fire is lit, there is a video feed of the Volcano in La Palma on the TV and dogs are asleep. Country Music is on the Winamp Playlist.

I am on the computer having watched an episode of Father Brown and wanting to miss any reference to Strictly Come Dancing. Had to switch Radio2 off today as Claudia Winkermann was wittering on about the program. Apparently she has something to do with it but that is no excuse.

I thought I would keep this here for the record - Valhallalujah


Interestingly - the Lorien Trust Wolves Web pages decided to remove the video as it has a reference to Rape in the lyrics - I struggled to find it but in fairness it is there. In fairness they sent me a nice message to state that they want to keep to their family friendly status and I agree entirely of course. 

Made the same offer to CP and they have not responded. Personally I think it is great ...

So, a productive day today.

Yesterday was a bit annoying as 'Thena decoded to go walkabout on her last night walk and two hours later had not come back. Driving around the village at 2 in the morning is not really my Idea of fun - but a black dog in this darkness is not a good idea really. I got nowhere of course. Half an hour later she turned up at the gate. I thought I had blocked off her exit but she just laughed at my attempts.

So today it was finishing the Duck/Chicken house - and putting our little "eaters" into their new home .

Power connected and the heat lamp is there and the rest of the girlies went to bed early.

No pictures of the completed cages - maybe tomorrow - but here is Cedric in his Prime.


So back to the main job. I never realised how heavy fencing wire was !! Took all my strength to try to unwind it ..  But first stage was to seal the area behind the stage .. and for that - I had to take the Bertha frame down that I had used to keep some of the rain off the wood when stored loosely. The frame will go down to the Strawberry beds to make a raised waist high set of strawberry beds next year .
Then clear off the stage and cut the brambles from the back.
Decided to use pallets to make a side barrier - I can take down later if i need to get to the trampoline stand which is the only thing behind the "Tunnel".  




This roll of wire takes a lot to even lift - let alone manage and unwind. The People who do the fencing as a business have my total respect - it is hard work ...


But this is the area with the fencing over it - we shall see tonight if 'Thena still has another area to get out .

Been looking out some Mythodea images and posting a few at a time ... 2019 3 a day 




Teeth whitening still going well - Had to get some Bonjella for the gums where they are rubbing - but it seems to be working  - dentist will be November 29th .
Have appointment for the Cardiogram on the treadmill for the 26th so the NHS is still working extremely well to get me through the system without delays ..

And a final thought  - thought he only teenager we have at the moment is Toby who keeps bumping into things as he is not sure of his current size!!


but childhood books have gone to the dogs ...




Cheers !




No comments:

Post a Comment