Wednesday 19 June 2019

19th June 2019 - More Leadership

 Thought for the day: "Friend was on holiday and said he couldn’t get down from an elephant. I told him that most people get it from ducks."



And so another day of leadership challenges

DUD: Pete?
PETE: Yes Dud?
DUD: When do we get our vote for the new Prime Minister?
PETE: I beg your pardon?
DUD: You know, Boris and that…
PETE: Dud, I've got some very bad news.
DUD: Bad news Pete?
PETE: Yes bad news. You can't vote, Dud.
DUD: Is it something I said?
PETE: Nothing personal Dud. Hardly anyone can. I can, though…
DUD: Is that because you are cleverer than me?
PETE: Given that I am indeed a bit more how can I put it, intellectual than your otherwise good self, that's not the prima fascae reason.
DUD: Oh? Why can you vote for someone who will be arguably the person who makes the most momentous decision in our history, and I cant?
PETE: Because I am a member, Dud, of that august body, the Conservative and Unionist Party. I am one of that tiny elite, of only 0.22 percent of the entire country that has the privilege permanently to shape our destiny by choosing our new national leader from what is admittedly a load of gobshite gits.
DUD: Just them then. So no one else's opinion counts, is that it?
PETE: Correct. While I personally value your opinion, no one else in a position of power wants to hear it. Or mine, if truth be known.
DUD: Do I understand then, that all those other sixty four million eight hundred and seventy six thousand...
PETE: Approximately..
DUD: Approximately people , don't get a say?
PETE: That's correct Dud. Only a few privileged people. Its very interesting Dud. If you laid all these very privileged people end to end…
DUD: Yes, Pete?
PETE: They would be much more comfortable.
DUD: Is that because they are all old and tired?
PETE: Largely Dud yes. Two thirds of them are quite old, nearly all of them white, male and nearly all of them living in the south east.
DUD: And whoever gets the small, old, white middle class vote gets to decide that "shit" thing?
PETE: "Brexit", Dud, or "British Exit" to give it‘s full respectful title, That which was voted for in a semiocratic manner by 17 million people.
DUD: Now I'm not good at numbers… but um…
PETE: You have put your finger on it, Dud as usual. That means that forty five million of us didn't vote for it.
DUD: Is that what they call democracy?
PETE: That's it Dud. Good night…
240,000 People can vote for our next prime minister.
64,876,000 people cannot .
Two thirds of them exactly are over 56.
97% are white
70% are male
58% live in the south east
48% work in the private sector,
25% Self employed
86% are ABC1
sad to say I wasn't sure so 


and ....

or.... 

Looks good ...

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment