Thursday 7 March 2019

7th March 2019 - On Computers and Progress

Thought for the day: "Why did I become an Editor? Well, to cut a long story short.."


Apparently it was 1981 when this little piece of engineering came out. That is a long time ago. I did not use the Zx81 - I came into the market when the spectrum made its way onto the market a couple of years later .. but it is worth stopping and thinking how far we have come in 38 years...

I found these articles from 1996 - when Dyfed-Powys Police became the first Welsh Force to have a web page on the Internet and the second Police Force in the UK - all done with notepad and early html ......   how things changed so quickly..






Pop forward another 23 years ....

and so today we are on line with Spotify and iTunes and amazon


and spotify ...


and I have some prices for the CD's which I have to look at today ..

Meanwhile in other news, and with 22 days to go to Brexit - nothing changes...


A bit of graffiti arrived in Llanelli and no ones knows if it is a Banksy ...


and so life goes on ....

Cheers !


No comments:

Post a Comment