Sunday 12 November 2017

12th November 2017 - Hudl and Restoring Confidence

Thought for the day:"Saw a snail in the garden take off his shell - he was feeling a bit sluggish"

Today I played at being a computer expert again ... My mother's Tesco HUDL Tablet was freezing and the on line advice was to stop the apps, reboot, or reset to factory settings.
Since I had made a career out of switching computers off and on again to make them work this seemed like a plan..



Cleared the Cache - no effect. Same with disabling the apps - it was mainly Messenger that was freezing but removing it did not seem to help, and the hard reboot failed to make much difference...

So with a degree of trepidation I went for the factory reset - and simple it was!!!
Having noted her google gmail sign in - with no idea about the password - it let me back in and texted me an access code to my phone and then managed to download and update all of the applications.

Had a short worry when facebook seemed to be very slow - but no freezing and it loaded after a couple of attempts..  so it seems that I have my mother back on line again - which is a bonus....  It is lovely to see that a 90 year old can be linking with family via tablet technology ...

So - Good deed for the day done and I think we are all ahead ..

And since I was changing things today - I thought it was high time that i changed the logo on the Blog - from the  "Taking the reigns back" to "Welcome to my world - a daily Blog). After all - the blog was started to assist the buyers of the tavern - a place to put all the information that you forget to pass on to people until you think of it in the middle of the night - a source of information and a place to look for a checklist...  And then the sale went wrong - so it was a place to recover the controls of the business - and now - it is in other hands so it correctly needs to have a more simple title...

The original screen:


 The new one:


Cheers
Glass of Chateau 41 this evening I think..





No comments:

Post a Comment