Monday 16 October 2017

16th October 2017 - Not really Locked out

Thought for the day:"The older I get, the earlier it gets late"

Another day in Crete ...  this may be a little more embarrassing - I may have just taken my phone out of my pocket when I was in the Friends Restaurant which is in Dories - which is not very near to home at all but rather in the mountains .. and may have not remembered to pick it up as we left the restaurant...  BUT... I may have also had the key to the hotel room / apartment in the same pocket - I cannot be sure - but since I now know that the phone is in Dories and I cannot find a key - it is reasonable to suspect a connection...

Which did not help being back at the hotel and not being able to get in to the room!

This is not the sort of hotel that has staff overnight - Georgio is a lovely man - well in his later years and suffering with his health one may suspect. He is an artist and is responsible for many of the paintings around the various rooms a that make up Hotel Eliza - but not a man to be on site at 11pm ...  A bit of a problem...

Luckily - wife has brought her trusty hand held torch and as we have been here before we manage to find the store room for the handy person who looks after all the cleaning and refurbishing the rooms and a sneaky look around finds the master keys and we gain access......

Of course, good old Georgio has provided some extra Raki on the balcony so any delay would have been mitigated - as it is now ....
A trip to the mountains tomorrow I think for my phone - but in the meantime - I shall enjoy the Raki

Yammas !



No comments:

Post a Comment