Friday 14 July 2017

14th July 2017 - RIP Darren Dale

Thought for the day:"Taking naps sounds so childish - I shall call them horizontal life pauses"

Sarah Cawkwell:
"It is no secret that Valhalla comes for the heroes. For those who die at the end of a blade, or in glory on the battlefield. When we come for those fallen warriors, we sing in exaltation. We sing of their great deeds in life, we sing of their nobility and their ultimate heroism. We gather up their vessels and we usher their souls through to the great feasting and mead halls of forever.
Those of you on the mortal plane… you remember them down the generations. They become legends. They are never forgotten. While memories linger, the fallen walk among us.
We drink to those fallen.
And then… once in a while, the Allfather, in his infinite wisdom, sees fit to take a quiet man. A great man. A man whose legend was formed not on the battlefield, not in the act of battle. But a man whose legend was forged in that he had a heart so filled with love that it simply could not be contained here. That love, that sense of joy, that very essence of infinite compassion has touched the lives of so many.
Today, we weep because the Allfather has taken him from us. We are united in grief and loss and anger and heartbreak. But I ask you, do not weep overlong, because he would only have mocked you for it.
Thane Wall, or to give him the strange, other-worldly name he took on – ‘Darren’ – will stand eternal guard over the kingdom of Norsca, his legend etched into the very ground on which you walk.
The loss of a friend brings an ache to the heart and soul that it seems can never be relieved. But memories are a balm, soothing the hurt and bringing peace. Remember the smiles. Remember the sternness. Remember the apparently infinite capacity for flirtation.
Weep for his loss. Celebrate his life. Always remember him.
And when you also step through the doors of Valhalla, he will be there with a cup of mead and that big, cheeky smile, waiting for you.
Praise be to Odin!"

Yesterday Darren Dale - a great friend for many years passed away in hospital after an induced coma, and Facebook land is full of tributes to a gentle soul... He had been a trusted member of the Crimson Moon team - indeed being the first person to whom we that we entrusted the running of a full event (Caldicot EMA) when we accidentally managed to double book a wedding..

Darren, Thane Wall, Bubba - he will be missed - he was larger than life and has now passed on...







Sad - he will be missed


I lift a parting glass...


Of all the money that e'er I spent
I've spent it in good company
And all the harm that ever I did
Alas it was to none but me
And all I've done for want of wit
To memory now I can't recall
So fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be with you all

If I had money enough to spend
And leisure to sit awhile
There is a fair maid in the town
That sorely has my heart beguiled
Her rosy cheeks and ruby lips
I own she has my heart enthralled
So fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be with you all

Oh, all the comrades that e'er I had
They're sorry for my going away
And all the sweethearts that e'er I had
They'd wish me one more day to stay
But since it falls unto my lot
That I should rise and you should not
I'll gently rise and softly call
Good night and joy be with you all







No comments:

Post a Comment