Tuesday 25 August 2015

25th August 2015 - Tuesday ??? Not sure I like Tuesdays...

Thought for the day : "I have been putting a lot of thought into it - and I am coming to the conclusion that being an adult is not going to work for me .."

Today started well for me...  after a struggle I discovered that it is possible to put contact lenses in when handicapped in the left arm. It improved slightly when I found that by leaning my head to the desk I can just reach the back of my head to put my hair into a pony tail !!  

Got through the night without the use of Cocodomol  - though the apparently common side effects still seemed to stay with me causing my morning ablutions to last a little longer than usual.
The loss of the van yesterday meant that a trip to Pontypool was required to pick up some auction goods promised for collection - though it took the best part of 4 hours out of the day ...
A lot more "stuff" than expected - but managed to get it all into the car and still leave some room for the dog...

Yes - the day started fairly well...
Some more paperwork - black rat ordered, lancashire mead ordered, bookers confirmed, Crimson Moon Tavern arrived safely in PACCAR to work alongside Skian Mhor and the new Crimson Moonbeams arrived and worked well..  New embroidery confirmed to be available by end of day and lift arranged for tomorrow ..

Yup - all going quite well..   Popped into town to get the change sorted - it is surprising how much money is needed for an event - change in particular..  Tends to get a little heavy of course and weighs down upon a poorly arm...

Sorting the washing for the trip to Crete and the trip to Renewal - so pain starts to pick up and the Cocodomol seemed a good idea - and I put my head down for ten minutes ...

Sadly - I then get the call from my mother's house that she has had another fall - hip dislocated again and lying n the floor...  Now I am not one to criticise the emergency services, and have to accept that the triage messaging system shows that an 88 year old woman has a fall from standing to floor, no bleeding, leg dislocated, in severe pain but stable - did not lose consciousness, no additional complications - may have a lower priority than some others - this occurred just before 5pm as well which may be bad time of the day - I do not know.. But - 2 hours later and two calls later to the services still provides no information as to whether anyone has even been deployed - while sitting on the floor holding the hand of an old and very scared lady - leaves a sour taste in the mouth...

3 hours later, when the unit arrives, it seems that it is actually from Pembroke Dock - some 80 miles away.. It was providing a transfer form Pembrokeshire to Morriston Hospital in South Wales and on completing the call placed itself on readiness... and found itself on route to Burry Port..

We have already been through the procedure a couple of weeks back - so we know the ins and outs. Still cannot believe that a place that is designed for the elderly with some care needs cannot provide a lift that allows a stretcher - that the only way of getting a prone body out of the building is by being strapped to a stretcher and manhandled - (or person handles in this case) down stairs..

And so, a lats evening doing some collections of admin last minute items,  while Susie once more finds herself doing the waiting game at A & E ..

Not sure I like Tuesdays very much ..
Just Saying   ..



No comments:

Post a Comment