Wednesday 27 March 2013

27th March 2013 - Storm Moon -

It is a full moon tonight. I am looking at it from the South Coast - Barton on Sea and it is very bright, very large - with a hint of orange in the perfect ovoid that is the moon.....  Means it is blooming cold out there I reckon!!  Part of me says " Go on outside and enjoy the sight" - but the more sensible part of me says "stay inside where it is warm and perhaps have a glass of scotch to celebrate this auspicious day...."
Seemed only appropriate to change the wording on this post I found on Facebook......  After all - I may no longer be the Crimson Moon but I still have an affinity....

So the Bothy has had a few personal tests..   Okay - when I found the aerial extension in the glove compartment I should perhaps have thought that there was a reason for it being detached - before I shinned up onto the roof and tried to screw it on - and broke the connection which had only a small bit of wire connecting it to the aerial ...  but two hours later and a bit of luck I finally managed to get it back to the way it was and we will see if the radio works on the journey home ....

Managed to connect the electrics and the 240 volt hookup seems to work. we have a solar panel on the roof and the light is on on the control panel - but I have no idea what it means and whether it is doing anything....

But lights and the telly work - well it would with an aerial ( not the one I "Fixed" - that was the radio..)  and a free view box - being that it is an old flat screen...  but there is an option to add some extra cables I suppose - DVD and Computer would be nice....

More interested today in the weather forecast for the weekend - very cold - maybe get to 6 degrees in the day if we are lucky...   but the wind is not likely to be too strong and there is less chance of precipitation - by which I mean snow or rain.....

Well tomorrow will be my first long journey in the Bothy  - so we will see the result....
In the meantime - I am about to watch Gandalf say "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!"

Always a good moment to sign off.....

No comments:

Post a Comment