Monday 13 December 2021

13th December 2021 - Wet and Windy Walking the dogs and Pin Problems

Thought for the day :"Don’t you hate it when you are singing along to a song and the artist gets the words wrong"

A rainy day - and a new duvet set and new sheets mean that getting out of bed has become a lot harder today... But finally we achieved..
Sadly, little chick in the mug did not survive...


These were Sooty's clutch that we found in the long grass. Of the 18 eggs - over a dozen looked to be viable and indeed were candling some movement up to hatching. However - only three actually managed to get out of their shells. And this one had splayed legs and spent most of its time on its back so was unable to get to food. Vitamin E and honey water was used to keep him/her going and the mug was so the splinted legs had a chance to strengthen. Sadly - after two days it did not survive getting back into the coop. The remaining two seem to be strong though and are growing well..

So our brood at the moment consists of Fabio and Zsa Zsa in the main peacock enclosure. Brahma and Bo int he small peacock enclosure.  Cedric and Cyril sharing Sooty, and four more hens which Susie can name but I cannot. - I shall edit when she reads this ...

And that is our lost at the moment - until the Spring. Oh - we have the "eaters" which are huge now and will be ready for culling next week ...

Today, I tired to unblock the pin number on the Credit Card. Went to an ATM as the website said that I put the card in and press the pin and then will be given the option to unlock the pin... Did this and failed. Contact your supplier it said - so I did .... Tesco Bank!
15 minutes waiting on the phone was about par so that did not cause in worry, but of course the card is in Susie's name primarily so she had to answer the security questions - the first one was the surname of your best friend!! Now of all the questions that we could have chosen - this was not one that made any sense so I cannot believe that we chose this - you only need to choose three from a list of twelve. needless to say we failed the security test - though luckily they were not like HSBC which then just shut an account when I got and answer wrong - and then refused to accept the signatories when trying to reinstate - but that is another story....
Instead they allowed me to change the security questions while on line and on the phone. Which worked once I found out that all answers had to be 4 letters or more...
So - having then changed the questions and handed back to Susie to be cleared for the security level - we unlocked the Pin Number - or so we thought.

A trip to Newcastle Emlyn and the card was once more refused!
So back on the phone - 17 minutes wait this time and a very helpful customer service representative informs me that I will have to go to an ATM and put in a wrong PIN number three times to put a physical block on the card. Then they will be able to talk me through how to unlock if I phone back...

I pointed out that the ATM was not local - we were living in a remote village - and to my surprise we have now arranged for me to be at the ATM tomorrow at 11am and she will phone me on the mobile to talk me through the matter - sounds a bit convoluted but still better service than I was expecting...

In other news...
While out I managed to get another 5 pallets - but the wet weather means that I am not working today... Took the dogs out in the rain instead...


  

Susie is in the Kitchen - taking up her water colour painting again - making some Christmas Cards.

I think we shall just have a quiet evening ..

Cheers !



No comments:

Post a Comment