Monday 28 May 2018

28th May 2018 - Jelly Art

Thought for the day: "I'm reading a horror story in Braille - there is something bad about to happen - I can feel it!"

Bank Holiday Monday and we are not really doing anything.

The sun is shining and flash floods over the country have caused havoc. My friend is out in america storm chasing and we have had magnificent storms here with almost continuous lightning.
We also had a double Ruby Wedding anniversary dinner at the house yesterday and gorged ourselves with home made liver pâté from our own Chickens, Roast Chicken with all the trimmings (except scurly and that is another story!) and the piece de resistance  - Susie's latest venture - Gelatine Art for pudding....


It doesn't really do it full credit - but the flower is 3D within the cheesecake with the petals and leaves quite distinct.


Though it does not look it - the top jelly is clear and there is a red base which shows through. I am not one to normally jump up and take photos of my dinner - but on this occasion I felt there should be an exception ....

I have no idea who would have thought that this is possible. It looks like one of those glass paper weights with flowers inside...

Of course - once you know about it - you then find hundreds of YouTube videos showing you how to do it...

Makes it look easy doesn't it !

However - showing you how to do it and succeeding on your first attempt are two very different things  - there was a good reason that I married her 45 years ago !! Though it must be admitted that I am twice the man I was in those days....

Bought some shirts for the trip to Greece - had to take them back as Large was not suitable - Could have fitted into the extra large - but played on the safe side and took the 2XL. Best to be comfortable I reckon ...

Will have to think about packing a little later

Best have a cup of tea first
Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment