Thursday 9 May 2013

9th May 2013 - 5 down and a house viewing

So the daily blog has drifted into a weekly and occasional blog - but then it has been a busy time.
Just finished our 5th event of the season and first Curious Pastimes event, the biggies of the year.

However as I sit at the desk and start this blog I received the following from my sister in America - which sums up something about the Brits I suppose..

I was at the bar the other night and overheard three very hefty women talking at the bar.

Their accent appeared to be Scottish, so I approached and asked, "Hello, are you three lassies from Scotland ?"

One of them angrily screeched, "It's Wales, Wales you bloody idiot!"

So I apologized and replied, "I am so sorry. Are you three whales from Scotland ?"
And that's the last thing I remember.

So - the house is not ready for a viewing - the collection of boxes is increasing and I have been away for ten days on and off but after seeing one of those "get a free evaluation of your house" on the intertweb and clicking on the connections - thinking that it would pop up with a valuation - we ended up with a nice gentleman by the name of Russell who cam e and looked at the house and took a few photographs.
As we expected form the reputation of the company, they pitch the price low and ask for "offers Above"  and we would not be bound to take the low offers - but sadly they pitch the house at about £170,000 which is too low for what we want at the moment.

We will see what happens when the rest of the "clutter" gets into boxes and the floor can be seen. The best part was that he thought the house was saleable - but then he was trying to get us to sign up with him.

But at least we have swept around the corners and the done the hoovering and it is raining outside, so we can't go and play with the chickens.


No comments:

Post a Comment