Thursday 15 June 2023

15th June 2023 - Oops no photos today - But event this weekend

Thought for the day :"A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three thousand times the memory"


So, have a memorial service on Friday night for the recently departed Graham Thomas - a sad loss and a lovely and hugely intelligent fellow, but of course I had committed to play the organ before we worked out our opening times for June .. and so we will be open for Saturday and Sunday this week .. but not Friday ..


Still, up early as Susie still not right .. so went down and cleared the Ducks Shed before it got too hot - took the opportunity to take a caterpillar truck of gravel down to do the pathways at the same time before it got too hot to do anything ...   Cut the Romany Caravan Field and then my own lawns - and then strimmed with my replacement strimmer - reminds me must put the serial number onto the website - they were so good in replacing the last one  within the three year warranty I need to keep the details up to date.   Last trip of gravel this evening and the paths are as complete as I can make them at the moment.  

A lot of strimming required before we open on Saturday - so I think that I will be busy tomorrow ...

in other news..


Of course this does not happen !!

In other news.. saw this photo today which is entitled :

We love this classic image from September 1968, showing one of 'The Italian Job' Minis being lowered into Coventry sewers at Stoke Aldermoor ready for filming.


 
Sadly - three players for the July Event have cancelled - that is a blow - they are three from Trinity one of the groups I was targeting plot at - will have to try and get some more people involved....

So - a glass of red with my Pizza tonight and enjoying it 

Cheers !



No comments:

Post a Comment