Tuesday 24 March 2020

24th March 2020 - Lock Down

Thought for the day :"We were so poor when we grew up that we had Ordinary K."


Well we are officially on Lock down as of 8.30pm last night. I would probably be safe going form the house to the warehouse - but it is not going to affect much of what I am doing and I would imaging that the dumps will be closed to the public, It was manic yesterday at the dump. I of course have been going daily for the last three weeks and with the residency check at the gate it has been fairly quiet. Yesterday was the first real day that people had been told that they should "self isolate" and so of course they all spent the day int he garden or clearing out the garage that they had been meaning to do for the last five years ( a bit like me I know!!)
But when I got there with my standard car full of cardboard and un-recyclable rubbish - there was no-one on the gate and the queue went back to the gate...  Everyone was out - so carefully trying to ensure a 2 meter distance from everyone - I managed to get the rubbish put away. Only one Police Lad at the main site and I could not see the anyone on the JCB's so the skips were not being pushed down and it was getting to be impossible to get anything more into them.

But I managed - but I think if I go to the warehouse I will be moving rubbish form one part of the shed to the other - will have a stay at home day. Susie is clearing out the freezer and we are ordering double food for Vic - and storing half of it here so we do not need to call into the Wiltshire Farm foods and have food in case they close down.

The roads are eerily quiet. The sun is shining and it is the warmest day of the year or feels it.

Decided to have a fantasy day ....    Posted a new profile

Goes with a fine old song...

Let's all be Hobbits
And a profile for self isolating





In other news...
The shut down means that we can only take one walk a day ...

Yup ...
While this is how they do it in Denmark...

Of course if you revisit old records they would also have to distance themselves these days 


Ho Hum - best get on with something valid I suppose..

Cheers !


No comments:

Post a Comment