Saturday 10 May 2014

10th May 2014 - Off to Cow Pie

Thought for the day : " I went into the Opticians and told him that I could see 6 years into the future. He examined my eyes and nodded in agreement. Apparently I have 2020 vision!"

So a Saturday dawns and after a deluge overnight the ground is wet and the air is damp.

But I have agreed to drive up to Surrey to assist with the Cow Pie Show. Not the normal medieval foray to be honest  - an agricultural show - but Fiery Jack - clown and Jester extrordinaire has put together a Medieval Village of entertainers for the last two years and the Crimson Moon fits in just fine and dandy.

I shall be attending in my role as Vollsanger the Skald - I have always gone as the drunken Monk in the past but I think it will be a little chilly for the old habit on this occasion and the viking furs will be warmer.

I shall also be helping out behind the bar / stall as it is primarily a Mead and Wine tasting Emporium.

Not really rushing as I am not expected to assist with the tent erection and the first night is really only for the re-enactors that are present .

The show is actually open tomorrow for a day - Sunday.





Seems a fair distance to go, but having done some calculations, it seems that the Bothy is still managing between 32 and 35 miles per gallon which is excellent. 


Better think about a shave and gathering my bits together - ho hum ...  Bit of breakfast and a cup of tea before I go - have to wait for the mead until tonight ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment