Saturday 28 December 2013

28th December 2013 - 3 days to the end of the year Gramatically

So we are in the weekend between Christmas and New Year, a time a bit like the lull in the storm or the eye of the hurricane, except we are awaiting the arrival of the Grandkids and family ....   and luckily the weather has been mild enough to get the temperature of the house to something reasonable..

Whatever you do - be yourself...
(unless you can be a pirate - in which case always be a pirate!!)

So Christmas is now behind us - though our tree will stay up for the statutory 12 days..  and the house is a little more noisy, and there is stuff abandoned throughout the house with random abandon. 

So little time to add to the blog today - maybe tomorrow - but I did see this little gem of grammar...]


Reminds me of the old statement that used to hang on the wall of my office back in the Police Headquarters..
"I know you think you understand what you believe I said
But I am not sure that you realise that what you heard
was not what I meant..."

Which used to sum up communication in that organisation rather well 

Cheers....


No comments:

Post a Comment