Tuesday 31 December 2013

31st December 2013 - The end of the year

A right blustery and rainy start to the day, and a refusal by Delft to consider going out from the kitchen, left me with a mop in hand to start the day - at least she avoided the carpet this time !!! Must get more nappies when I go out today !

But as the year draws to an end, still with no interest from anyone in the house, still with a leak in the roof somewhere and a wet wall in the bathroom, and still with only half the radiators proving efficient..  Yet strangely yesterday afternoon the house felt so warm that we managed to switch the heating off for a few hours!!!

To commemorate the last day of the year - my trip out to Tesco's on Sunday ( coke down to 3 for £3 again, Grouse and Gordons at £15 a litre!!) left me once again in awe of the parking abilities of some drivers...


And today I just could not resist doing the parking thing.. and going to do my shopping. In fairness I did park drivers side to driver's side so I had to climb out of the passenger door. I could have been really mean and reversed in so as to allow easy egress.... But I was legitimately parked in the space provided. I half expected some form of altercation on my return but no, by the time I returned the car had gone - with only the photograph as proof . Duly posted upon the Book of Faces and caused the usual reactions from various normally calm and placid people.....

So this time last year, we were proud owners of a Tavern that had been our life for the last several years. Over Christmas it was mainly packaged in our basement and garage, ready for transport, with the hope that new buyers could be found and prove successful. A twelvemonth on, and nearly completing stage two of the transfer and sale, it is fair to accept that the Crimson Moon has passed on to the new owners - to whom we wish every success for the future. A fair amount of the expected sale price has already been realised, and with a good season I have no doubts that the remainder will be forthcoming.

And so as we come to New Year's Eve, with the prospect of a quiet celebration with Susie and my Mother, the following image seems appropriate to mark the occasion...


Not burning bridges - but moving on from the old to the new...

Now - about that sale of house and the smallholding....

No comments:

Post a Comment