Saturday 7 September 2013

7th September 2013 - Unexpected day at home ..

Weather across the country seems to be rain and storms - but there is a window around Llanelli where the bad weather does not cross - well at least this weekend..

Finding myself home instead of being at the Caldicot Medieval Reenactment for reasons that are far too complicated and too emotionally and financially sensitive, the change in the weather had less impact than those months we have been under canvas.

But as we watched various cloud systems build and threaten storms throughout the day - they have all seemed to pass us by.

Last night, Roger ( from the Brecon Burger Bar) called me to say that the thunder claps were loud at the Castle as they were heading to the pub - the Crimson Moon not being able to open on the opening night of the event.We did not have the storms ...  that is now a part of our history...

So today, having managed to get the house to a stage where we might be able to consider allowing people to come and view it, I was dispatched to town to find some estate agents to come and value the place and get us onto the open market.

And this afternoon we viewed our first smallholding for a while - and as usual I found that I could live with it - and it was a reasonable price - by reasonable I mean something that I think we could afford...
also quite a few acres which was better than the last ones that we had seen..

General consensus this was not the one we needed - but it is the start of a concerted effort to find a place - and a concerted effort to see if we can sell ...

Time will tell ..

Off to Caldicot tomorrow - I hate conflict...   But I have a business to try to resolve ...

Ho hum

A glass of scotch my be the answer tonight .....
Cheers...

No comments:

Post a Comment