Wednesday 8 November 2023

8th November 2023 - Solar adjustments and Valve Checks

Thought for the day :"Someone told me that I should write a book. I thought, “That’s a novel concept.”



Early start this morning as I was expecting Huw from the Barry Davies Electrics to arrive by 8.15am to look at the solar set up ...
Took the straw and layers pellets down to the chicken run early and rushed back in case I missed them. Susie not 100% so I left her in bed and came back for breakfast..

So, we changed the settings on the Solar Inverter so it runs off the main Wi Fi address on Sky rather than the guest wi fi Crimson Moon and that worked well.

then we started looking at how to set up the water heating and the storage heater and how to charge in the middle of the night, and it turned out that they did not get training ion that sort of use of the system - only in the configuration.  

So it seems that a desktop/laptop application is necessary for adjusting the system - the tablet app only being a read only system really with an option for quick charge of the battery and that is about it.

So, settings on trial :
a) Charge Battery from the grid between 3am and 6am at low tariff - Charge up to 80%
b) Set IBoost for one hour heat boost between 6.30 and 7.30am (not set up yet)

We shall see how it goes and what affect that has upon the figures.

In other news - went to Glangwili Hospital today for a check up on my heart valves - Could not believe that it was two years since my first check ! Other than remembering catching my breath when I got to the top of the flight of stairs (good for Heart  Issue People I reckon!), and remembering that we were all masked last time. It is strange how time flies ..

But I may not have a great deterioration in my Aorta Heart Valve - it is down from 2.37 to 2.6 apparently - which is in the wrong direction but not serious enough to demand action now - A check up in two years - thank you - I will take that 


Cheers 



No comments:

Post a Comment