Saturday 5 January 2013

5th January - What do you mean it is Saturday??

Where did that come from ???
I mean - I know that I was only lamenting yesterday - um, a couple of days ago, that my "Daily" blog was turning into an "occasional" blog, but Christmas has only just gone and tomorrow is the 12th Day.

How did that happen??
They say that as you get older the days go quicker. I can understand that, even though I am not getting older, maturing - yes, getting older is not the option I took!! But loss of a week without reason of excessive alcohol abuse is just plain ridiculous.

No, I did not make any New Year resolutions. In fact, this New Year was the quietest we have had in living memory. No sudden influx of party goers after the midnight hour, and had there been they would have been sadly disappointed as the drinks bill for the festive season was about 10% of previous years, and mostly still stacked in the kitchen. Wine consumption is not necessarily down at all, but the stocks of home made Susie Wine are diminishing fairly rapidly. Luckily for me, Susie has a 5 gallon barrel on the go this time.

No, I have not set out to be fit and young and blonde, but the dogs are slightly surprised by the opportunity to wander around the environs of Llanelli at unearthly hours like 8.30am. Not a resolution, I don't do them. Just seems a reasonable idea if I am awake at that time - I may as well put the boots on and take a camera out and see what is happening. Actually, the camera is not really needed, at that time of the morning it is mainly misty, almost still dark and foggy, and very little to find as a source or target.
Worse than that, this morning's trip around the old hallowed grounds of Stradey Rugby Ground had to be retraced, as I managed to drop the camera case at the main gate, and did not find out until nearing the end of the walk! The dogs are useless at this sort of game. They have never been able to find anything dropped, can't even retrace their steps. times like that I started to wish that I had put my contact lenses in before going for a walk - at least I may be able to see more than 5 feet in front of me. And, of course, it is not my camera I have with me!!  But luckily, at the main gate, the small case is lying on the ground - so all is well that ends well. The dogs don't seem to mind that we came back the same way as we went.



So, it is Saturday. I can come to terms with that . I suppose I can live with that. Tomorrow we will take down the tree and the decorations, up for the 12 days of Christmas, no more - no less. They will go back in the box for next year - hopefully at another house, another room, and another Christmas.
Only another 51 Saturdays until next New Year ....





No comments:

Post a Comment