Thursday 14 December 2023

14th December 2023 - Roadworks

Thought for the day :"My mate says I'm an exorcist because every time I visit I clear the house of spirits..."



So they started on the road today - a big machine came and scratched the surface and the sweeper came back and forth several times.  They have stacked a little tar by the gate to act as a ramp presumably in the short term. I have the cars parked down in the layby but don't think it was really necessary, but safer to get away in the morning to pick Susie up from the airport.


But some strange marks have appeared on the roadway - a little like Gandalf's scratch marks on Bilbo's front door ... I wonder if I will be getting a gang of dwarves descend upon me?
  


But the road is scraped thought I think they will have to do something with the drain to get rid of the standing water - can't tarmac over water !




In other news:

Alfred 'Fred' Bestall was born on 14th December 1892. He is remembered as the writer and illustrator of the Rupert Bear stories in the Daily Express, from 1935 to 1965.
Most of the landscapes that Bestall used in his illustrations were inspired by his childhood holidays in Snowdonia, an area he revisited regularly as an adult, settling in a cottage on Mynydd Sygun, in Beddgelert in 1956.


Cheers !



No comments:

Post a Comment