Saturday 23 February 2013

23rd February 2013 - Cold, cold cold...

Google informs me that King David the 2nd died this day back in 1370.

Despite my claims to my Scottish heritage - I will admit that I was unaware of King David, well the Scottish one. I am well acquainted with the biblical fellow, he of David and Jonathan, and subject of one of my favourite songs - "Hallelujah"..... written by good old Leonard Cohen, though made more famous by a large green ogre called Shrek. At least it was a Green One!!!

So the poor old chap died on this day so many years ago. And I will admit that if it was as cold as this on that day he may have decided to go quietly into that good night...

Certainly, with some flu symptoms, (Man-Flu that is) and an aching back, it was only late evening when I finally crawled from the warmth of the bed and struggled into the living room to hide under a large blanket, curled on the couch.

Goodness knows what the bills will be like later this year. At the moment despite the extra heating ..
It is cold cold cold.....

So here is Hallelujah - LARP style ....


No comments:

Post a Comment